Diego Rodriguez is building a collection of 21 principles on his metacool weblog. He hasn’t posted much context for why he’s doing this or what the principles are about, but his first five are focused on design and prototying.
The fifth principle on prototyping is especially resonate for the design of services and experiences.
- Experience the world instead of talking about experiencing the world
- See and hear with the mind of a child
- Always ask: “How do we want people to feel after they experience this?”
- Prototype as if you are right. Listen as if you are wrong.
- Anything can be prototyped. You can prototype with anything.
There are some nice anecdotes from inside and outside the world of design mixed with each principle. Worth keeping an eye on as the other sixteen principles emerge.