I’ve been sprucing up the blogroll here at Design for Service. Over time Twitter has undercut a few of the blogs I used to follow and others have cropped up in their place. But I’ve also started looking further afield. Here are a handful of service operations blogs that are worth adding to your RSS feeds.
- The Operations Room Marty Lariviere and Gad Allon from the Kellogg School of Management
- Service Experience Excellence Michael Dixon from the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration
- Operations Research at Work John Poppelaars from ORTEC
- Think Operations Research Dawen Peng from Capgemini and Aleksey Nozdryn-Plotnicki from Futura Simulations
- Matching Supply and Demand Gerard Cachon and Christian Terwiesch from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
- Operations & Supply Chain Management for the 21st Century Ken Boyer from Fisher College of Business and Rohit Verma from Cornell University
Some of the operations research blogs can be a little impenetrable (there are quite a few out there) but the operations management blogs seem to complement service design pretty well. They’re another facet to the same general subject.