2015 Service Design Awards
Birgit Mager and Kerry Bodine presented the 2015 awards to kick off the final day of the Service Design Global Conference in NYC.
Birgit helped to launch a service design competition in Switzerland in 1998. But there were not enough examples of practice at the time. The board decided at SDGC14 in Stockholm to launch a new competition for service design for the 30k people affiliated with the SDN.
- Clarity of presentation
- Relationship between cause and effect
- Clarity of results
- Holistic and multi-channel
- Organizational change
Prototyping for Organizational Change
- Travellab: Airline Prototyping
- Thick: Re-imagining Government Services
Results-Driven Service Design
- Hellon: People’s Pharmacy
- Designit: Redesigning Breast Cancer Diagnostics
The awards were not just an example of methods, but of the impact of service design. The projects were exhibited in a gallery at Parsons. The winners hail from Finland, Norway and Australia.